Style Tips for Engagement Photos
Engagement photos are an exciting opportunity to create beautiful memories with your partner. Choosing the perfect outfits can be a fun but daunting. You want to look your best, feel comfortable and stay true to your style while coordinating with your partner. In this blog post, we will provide some tips and ideas on how to choose the perfect outfit for your engagement photos.
- The first thing to consider is the location and the season in which your photoshoot will take place. If you are planning on taking pictures at the beach or in a park during this summer, you may want to consider wearing light and refreshing colors such as pastels, whites, and soft neutrals. These colors will make you look fresh and blend with the natural backdrops. The All You Need Midi Dress is the perfect option! It's airy, neutral and so comfortable! Stick to a neutral palette, and avoid busy prints. They can take away from you and your fiancé. This will eliminate that distraction so you two are the main focus. Plus, neutrals are timeless and elegant.
- Coordinate looks don’t match. This will give a cohesive and natural feel for your photos. For instance, if you're wearing a soft floral maxi dress, pull a tone from the dress for your partner to wear that way you will compliment each other. A solid with a simple pattern is a great way to coordinate. If you're wearing the Lisa Floral Dress, your partner could wear a short sleeve white button down with green shorts to pull that pop of color and tie your looks together.
- Accessorize: bring a hat or layers you can easily take off and put on. It gives you something to do with your hands. These extra layers will make it seem like you have multiple looks. You can incorporate a scarf, jean jacket, or a wide brim hat. The Southern Belle denim jacket is the perfect neutral to layer over any look! If you're a hat girl, please add a wide brim hat, like the Ariel Rancher, to your look, whether it's with a flowy dress or a sweater and jeans, we promise you won't regret that decision.
- If you’re wearing a skirt or a dress, my favorite suggestion for brides is to find one that is flowy. It gives you the opportunity to move it around and toss it for a romantic shot. Also if it’s a little windy having it blow in the wind can be so beautiful. Here are a few options that will look stunning for your engagement photos: The Get Glowing Maxi Dress: perfect for an elegant shoot in downtown or a historic building; The Grace Maxi Dress: picturing this in a grassy or field of flowers; The Diem Blurred Skirt: this screams beach photos!
- Show your personality. This one is the most important. You want the photos to show who you and your partner really are. Wear clothes you feel comfortable to move around in and looks that you will feel confident in. If you love getting dressed up, with a more formal feel, definitely let that show in your photos. But if you both enjoy being more casual and laid back, that's 1000% okay! Show your style, don't pretend to be something your not. This will make getting your photo taken that much easier. If you feel beautiful in a look, that confidence will radiate through your photos.
When it comes to engagement photo outfits, prioritize comfort and style while coordinating with your partner. Be playful, bring along accessories, and most importantly have fun during the shoot. These tips will enable you to showcase your unique style and personality as a couple and makes your engagement photos memorable!