90's Fashion Trends that Are Back and Here to Stay
- Relaxed fit denim- I know this has been an adjustment for a lot of people. But I promise you, you should give them a chance. Yes, skinny jeans can be super flattering on certain body types. And it’s what we were used to for so long. But a relaxed fit denim is so flattering, truly on any body type. It’s all in the length that can determine what style is best for you. But do yourself a favor and at least try on a pair of straight fit, jeans, wide leg jeans, or something just more relaxed than you’re used to. You won’t regret it. You can easily dress them up or down. You can even find a wider leg trouser for the workplace! Now let’s just hope low rise jeans never make a come back.
- Bike Shorts- I’m not gonna lie, when bike shorts first made a come back I wasn’t on board. They reminded me of something my mom used to wear. But I decided to give them a chance, and there’s no looking back now! What are your shorts girl or not, I promise you you will live in bike shorts this summer. They’re super comfortable, flattering, and they stay in place. They look awesome styled with a oversize graphic tea. You can layer over a jacket for those cooler summer days. Our Spanx faux leather bike shorts are a favorite! Be ready to rock your summer wardrobe in style and comfort.
- Slip Dresses- there’s nothing easier than a simple slip dress. You quite literally slip them on, and you’re ready to head out the door. There are many styles of slip dresses, most of which you can easily style from day tonight. And a slip dress can be really versatile as far as being able to layer with them. You can layer a fitted mesh top underneath, a graphic tee over top, a sweater over it for the cooler months, and so much more. If you don’t already have a slip dress in your closet, I definitely recommend adding one. Whether it’s a solid color, or a fun print. You really can’t go wrong with it!
- Illusion mesh- many of you saw the amazing mesh, dazzle top that we had in! Well, that’s just the beginning. We are seeing mesh coming in in full force right now. You can even expect to see some this winter for holiday season. The mesh is super chic. The Mars Top is a great everyday example of a mesh top that you will be styling for day to night. We love being able to layer them over just a simple seamless tank with denim for an elevated night out look. There’s so much more than mesh tops though, we are starting to see dresses also! The sheer trend isn’t just sexy and seductive, it truly is feminine and stunning. The vibe it gives off is all based on how you choose to style it. We can’t wait to see how you style, the illusion mesh you add to your wardrobe!
- Hair claws- We all have those “bad hair days”. Well that doesn’t have to be the case anymore now that hair claws are back! Even on day 3 of dry shampoo, you hair can still look amazing. Simply twist it back and clip it up! Pull out a few whispies to give it that lived in feel. A hair claw is great for those warm summer beach days! You can do so much with a claw, check out our Pinterest board for styling inspo!
We may have already lived the 90s era, but we’ve never been so happy for it to be back! We created an entire Pinterest board to give you style info featuring these five trends. Let us know what some of your favorite 90s trends are, and even the ones you’re cringing over.