8 Bump Friendly Styles
Congratulations mama! I know the struggle of finding clothes to work for your changing body during your pregnancy, and honestly after too. You don't want to waste money on maternity clothes that you will only wear for a few months. The nice thing is, so many styles now days are relaxed and oversize, so you can grow into them, and still be able to rock them after. Even a fitted dress is the cutest on a little bump. Here is our bump friendly style guide, for you during your pregnancy, at your baby shower, and postpartum.
- As we approach the fall months, nothing beats a cardigan that you can layer over a look for work, everyday, and date night. The Golden Hour Cardigan is a gorgeous camel color that we can't get enough of. It has an oversize fit to begin with, plus it's open in the front so it will fit you throughout your entire pregnancy. Style it over a fitted tank to give you shape and a slim feel.
- This top will be your go-to! Trust me, it's amazing. The Lalo Button Down is a light gauze fabric, so it's breathable and super comfortable. You can easily layer it over over a dress or tank. It's also really cute knotted up over your bump with a fitted bodycon dress like this kelly green midi dress or this LBD for date night. You can style it the same way with leggings that cover your bump for more of any everyday look.
Day to Night Styles
- Stop what you're doing! If you are looking for a workwear dress for fall or even a fall wedding, the Kate Sweater Dress is an absolute dream! It's a gorgeous puple-ish, super soft knit. It'll show off your figure and your bump! If you're having a fall or winter baby shower, this would be perfect! Style it with a short block heel or even a flyknit bootie. The best part, is it's super comfortable so you will feel cozy and cute all day long!
- I get it, sometimes you want to go for something more flowy, and not fitted. The Go with the Flow Blouse is a great option. You can pair it with a tapered trouser and loafer for a classic and chic work look. Just as easily pair it with maternity jeans and sneakers for everyday.
Having a fitted tank that you an easily layer under a blazer, jacket, or cardigan is a must. I always felt more comfortable and confident with a tank that hugged my shape when layering over something boxy. Plus It was comfortable and supportive. The Simpler Days Tank is that perfect go-to. It is double layered, so it gives a smooth look. It comes in two neutral colors that can go perfect with just about any color.
- The Chill Mode Tank is neutral and cropped. I know cropped is the last thing you're probably thinking about with a bump. But it's super cute styled with bike shorts or leggings that cover your bump. So the tank sits on top. Of course, throw on an oversize gauze top to complete the look. You can easily dress this tank up for a summer baby shower or baby moon by styling it with the Narissa Maxi Skirt. This tank would be a great option to nurse in after you have your little. Trust me, all things comfort will be your best friend during postpartum.
- Sometimes a dress is just the easiest thing to throw on on a warm day when you're growing. It'll keep you cool, comfortable, and looking super cute. The Phillipa Dress is a gorgeous, classic, floral maxi! This is a dress that you can dress up or down depending on the occasion. Layer over a jean jacket as we head into the fall season.
- The Dotted Citrus Dress is the perfect, throw on and go dress! It's a fun and vibrant color that you will feel confident in while staying cool. You could create shape by pairing a belt over your bump. You can even layer over a graphic tee and knot it up giving that tee and skirt vibe. Mama you'll be looking so cute in this dress!
This is an exciting and can-be stressful time for mamas, don't worry all the feelings are normal. But don't let your wardrobe be the reason you're not feeling yourself. Stop into our Ann Arbor, Michigan or Bay City, Michigan women's boutique and let us style you with our bump friendly styles!